1. In order to provide you with the full range of services on the Site, we will sometimes collect information about you. We will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all laws and regulations of the United Kingdom relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended) (the "Data Protection Act"). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner's website (www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk).
2. We collect two types of information: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). We also may collect information that by itself typically cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (e.g., age or gender), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”).
Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include your name, email addresses, postal addresses, postcode/ZIP code, telephone number, credit card information, date of birth, user name, and password, and other information either desirable or necessary to provide quality services to our contributors and visitors. We may also collect information about you such as your use of the Site and communication preferences.
To the extent we are able to do so, we may link your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with your Personally Identifiable Information. We may also link information collected online with information we collect offline or that is collected online by third parties.
3. We do not store credit card or account details nor do we share contributor details with any 3rd parties, with the sole exception of Paypal account details for local charities for the sole purpose of providing the relevant details for donations directly to them.
5. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use Your Data, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
7. We may collect information in several ways by your use of this Site, as well as from forms you submit to us, or personal correspondence, such as emails or letters that you send to us. In addition to Your Data, the information collected on the Site includes:
a. Users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users' interest in this Site (number of visits, etc). We may also collect through your use of the Site the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header.
10. We may use Your Data to send you targeted messages, publications, newsletters, and information about events, special offers, promotions and benefits. We may use third-party service providers to send and distribute email and to perform other support functions. We may use information we collect from you to improve the content of this Site, to enhance users’ experiences when visiting this Site, and to customize the content and layout of this Site for each individual user. There are opportunities on the Site to receive communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions for the particular mode of communication. Alternatively, if at any time you wish to stop receiving emails or mailings from us, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “Privacy Opt-Out: Food Revolution Day Mailings” in the subject line, or write to us at the address provide below, and we will remove you from our mailing list.
11. In jurisdictions where we are permitted to do so, we may share your personal information with our affiliates and any partners from time to time who may sponsor Food Revolution Day or individual activities. Additionally, we may provide your personal information to service providers or contractors to perform functions on its behalf, such as, but not limited to, companies or individuals hired to: communicate news, deliver our promotional materials via e-mail and direct mail, promote our social media presence and activities, to develop, enhance, market or provide any of our services and to assist us with sending communications and performing other support functions. Also, we may use third-party social media platforms, including third-party social media websites, to communicate with you. We also may share with third parties aggregated demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable. We also may disclose an individual's personal information: to a third party or parties, where disclosure is required or permitted by law; if, in our reasonable judgment, it is necessary to enforce compliance with our internal policies or the Terms http://foodrevolutionday.com/terms-of-use or to protect our Site, contributors, or others; and to any other entity that acquires all or a portion of our organization by merger, reorganization, operation of law, or a sale of some or all of our assets. We may be required to use or disclose your information in connection with a legal action or other proceeding, including without limitation, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
13. We will hold Your Data and for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose. We are committed to protecting the security of any personal information you provide to us. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of personal information that you provide to us. After you have submitted your information online to us, we recommend that you end your browser session before leaving your computer. In spite of these protections, we cannot guarantee the security of any data submitted over the Internet. After your information reaches us, however, it is stored on servers (or in the case of information received from you in person, in writing or over the phone, in physical storage areas) protected by procedures and technology designed to block reasonably foreseeable intrusions by unauthorized third parties.
14. If you are under the age of 18, please get your parent or guardian's consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site. The Site is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete that information as quickly as possible and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law). If you believe that we might improperly have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. We strongly recommend that minors 13 to 18 years of age ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
By Writing to Us at:
19-21 Nile Street, London N1 7LL
Last updated March 25, 2013.
© 2013 Better Food Foundation